Saturday, September 5, 2009

Working the Farm

This week, pictures will say it better than words......
Every week my grandson and I walk to the farm just down the road, where a vast array of animals enjoy their days in an idyllic country setting. We help feed the chickens in enchange for eggs that he has learned to gather from the hen house. He also feeds the pigs....and sometimes, the goats, and Llamas! It is a magical time.


We have a farm of our own here at Cloudrest, but it is a farm without animals at the moment. I, instead, fertilize and weed my vegetable beds, and tend to the many grapevines that we have in the vineyard. At this time of year it's a chore just keeping up with eating and preserving all of the food.
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog every week and enjoy it immensely. I'm not a professional in any way, but love plants and gardening in the small space I have, having learned at a young age. The country life you lead seems wonderful compared to the suburban sprawl and traffic I live in, here in southern California.

So this is all just to say "thanks" for you blog and all you share. It's lovely.

Richard, aged 64